We support families in deprived communities, give books to disadvantaged children, support schools in their literacy teaching and help young people develop the communication skills and confidence to get a job.
How you can help
We rely on your support to continue our work with disadvantaged families across the UK. A small donation each month will help us reach even more children and families.
- £7 a month could pay for a child to choose books to keep, start to enjoy reading and gain in confidence and skills
- £15 a month could fund a teenager to attend skills workshops that will help them get a job when they leave school
- £50 a month could help families; supporting their literacy and breaking the cycle of disadvantage
If you can read, you can succeed. Give a child a route out of poverty.
Did you know?
- One person in six in the UK lives with poor literacy
- One child in seven does not have a book of their own at home
- One quarter of people do not recognise the link between reading and success
The Gift Aid scheme allows us to claim back 25p from HMRC for every £1 that you donate to us at no extra cost to you. The declaration covers all donations including one off payments and regular donations.
Your declaration has been applied to any donations that you may have made to the National Literacy Trust over the past four years and any donations you make in the future. Your donations are eligible for the scheme if you are a UK taxpayer and you are currently paying Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax that is equal to or more than the tax deducted from your donations. Please let us know if you have made donations to us but have not been a UK taxpayer in this period.
You are entitled to cancel your Gift Aid declaration at any time within a period of 30 days without any tax being claimed by the National Literacy Trust. Should you choose not to Gift Aid your donations or if you stop paying tax, please let us know and we can take your donations out of the Gift Aid scheme.