The Young Readers Programme is rigorously evaluated by our internal research team. Our most recent evaluation showed that:
Of teaching staff who responded to the survey:
- 100% observed that their pupils’ were pleased to have books of their own and that book ownership is a positive aspect of the programme
- 98.4% said the fact that children can choose from a wide range of books is a positive aspect of the programme
- 93.1% said their pupils’ enjoyment of reading increased as a result of the programme
- 92.1% noticed a positive change in their pupils’ reading attainment after the programme
- 89.7% of teaching staff who responded to the survey believed their pupils were more enthusiastic about reading following the programme.
The evaluation also showed that children who did not see themselves as good readers or did not enjoy reading are much more likely to do so after taking part in the Young Readers Programme.
Our latest report highlights the positive impact that the programme had on participating children.