Reading for Enjoyment in Key Stages 2 and 3
"I would recommend this CPD to other schools"
- 92% of previous participants
All schools should develop policies to promote reading for enjoyment throughout school
- Ofsted, Moving English Forward, 2012
This training will help you to:
- Engage with research and understand the benefits for your pupils of reading for enjoyment
- Examine a range of approaches, including choosing and using whole texts
- Develop and implement an action plan for creating a community of readers in your school, involving critical reflection and evidence gathering to share with the group
- Plan for embedding these successful approaches more widely across your school
One teacher told us after day 3 that he had learned:
- the quality of the text matters!
- you cannot change a culture straight away
- reading for pleasure unites students and staff
- teaching whole texts skilfully does increase pupil pleasure, knowledge and attainment
- The course is available in a 3 day or 1.5 day version
- The days are spread across two terms to allow time for action research.
- Attendees should include two teachers, including the literacy lead.
- A senior leader (e.g. head or deputy) is invited to the first session free of charge.
- The cost is £650 (3-day) or £350 (1.5 day) per person, including one year's free membership to the National Literacy Trust Network (worth £100) with logins for up to five teachers.*
*existing National Literacy Trust Network Members receive a £100 discount per school for the 3 day course and £50 off per school for the 1.5 day course.
Excellent and clear with up-to-date research-led practice.
- teacher, Martin Primary School, day 3
Please fill in our expression of interest form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7587 3061 to discuss your options. We welcome enquiries from education professionals engaged with local training clusters.
Places are still available for schools in Manchester to attend our 1.5 day course starting in February
If you would you like to find out more about this CPD, let us know
Participants' area: here you will find the resources to support your project. You will need your Network login to access this page
Participants' area: here you will find the resources to support your project. You will need the login you have been sent to access this page