Reading for Enjoyment in Key Stages 2 and 3
All schools should develop policies to promote reading for enjoyment throughout school
- Ofsted, Moving English Forward, 2012
Reminder - sessions in East London start on 3 February - places still available! Book now
This training will help you to:
- Engage with research and understand the benefits for your pupils of reading for enjoyment
- Examine a range of approaches, including choosing and using whole texts
- Develop and implement an action plan for creating a community of readers in your school, involving critical reflection and evidence gathering to share with the group
- Plan for embedding these successful approaches more widely across your school
One teacher told us after day 3 that he had learned:
- the quality of the text matters!
- you cannot change a culture straight away
- reading for pleasure unites students and staff
- teaching whole texts skilfully does increase pupil pleasure, knowledge and attainment
- The course is available in a 3 day or 1.5 day version
- The days are spread across two terms to allow time for action research.
- Attendees should include two teachers, including the literacy lead.
- A senior leader (e.g. head or deputy) is invited to the first session free of charge.
- The cost is £650 (3-day) or £350 (1.5 day) per person, including one year's free membership to the National Literacy Trust Network (worth £100) with logins for up to five teachers.*
*existing National Literacy Trust Network Members receive a £100 discount per school for the 3 day course and £50 off per school for the 1.5 day course.
Excellent and clear with up-to-date research-led practice.
- teacher, Martin Primary School, day 3
Please fill in our expression of interest form, e-mail email@example.com or telephone 020 7587 3061 to discuss your options. We welcome enquiries from education professionals engaged with local training clusters.
Oaks Park high School, Newbury Park
Day 1: Friday 3 February 2017
Day 2: Friday 3 March 2017
Day 3: Wednesday 24 May 2017
If you would you like to find out more about this CPD, let us know
Participants' area: here you will find the resources to support your project. You will need your Network login to access this page
Participants' area: here you will find the resources to support your project. You will need the login you have been sent to access this page