Language and Literacy Within the Curriculum in Secondary Schools
The support from the National LiteracyTrust has been extremely valuable in helping us to track our current literacy provision and identify areas we need to focus on.
- Participant, Oxfordshire
The development of academic language and literacy impacts on learning and attainment in all subjects.
Secondary students need explicit teaching to develop more specialised language and literacy skills and subject teachers need to understand the specific features of literacy in their subject and develop a repertoire of strategies for making them explicit to students.
This training will help you to:
- develop subject leaders’ literacy pedagogy and equips literacy leaders with strategic tools for audit, evaluation, monitoring and dissemination
- complete an action research project to develop strategies
Over three full days of training, your school will build an excellent basis for whole school improvement, including narrowing attainment gaps. Each programme works with a cluster of schools, allowing you to share expertise and build great working relationships.
- The course is 3 Days spread across two terms to allow time for action research
- Attendees should include three or four subject heads (or subject teachers looking to move to middle leadership) plus the literacy lead
- A senior leader (e.g. head or deputy) is invited to the first session free of charge
- The cost is £650 per person, including one year's free membership to the National Literacy Trust Network (worth £100) with logins for up to five teachers*
- The timing is 9am-3pm on all 3 Days. All full days include lunch and refreshment breaks.
*existing National Literacy Trust Network Members receive a £100 discount per school.
Please fill in our expression of interest form, e-mail email@example.com or telephone 020 7587 3067 to discuss your options. We welcome enquiries from education professionals engaged with local training clusters.
Dates and venue tbc - register your interest and we will contact you with more information.
If you would you like to find out more about this CPD, let us know