Could you be a friend of the National Literacy Trust?
We're looking for people and groups to become friends of the National Literacy Trust and help us continue our work to raise literacy levels across the UK, giving everyone a fair start in life.
Whether you're a long-term supporter, or have just discovered us, we'd love for you to join our friends. Groups of colleagues or friends can join, as well as social groups like golf clubs and book groups.
What is a friend?
Friends are individuals or groups of people who run events in their local community to raise money for the charity. They do this in all sorts of ways, such as:
- Organising events from pub quizzes and book swaps, to golf days and charity auctions
- Arranging collections in their local shopping centres and supermarkets
- Placing and maintaining collection boxes around the community
- Spreading the word about the National Literacy Trust: to friends and family through events, as well as on social media like Twitter and Facebook
- Nominating us as their charity of the year for social groups like golf clubs, Rotary Clubs and WI groups, or even to the company they work for
How do I become a friend?
Becoming a friend is easy - just fill our online form and we will be in touch soon to talk to you about your ideas.
How we will support you
As a friend of the National Literacy Trust, we will help you in a number of ways:
- Provide you with information about our work
- Supply t-shirts, balloons, posters and collection boxes
- Offer our specialist skills and fundraising knowledge
- Be available for any questions you have
- Give you first option for places we have on events such as the Virgin London Marathon or the Great North Run
Become a friend now
Complete our online form and we'll be in touch soon.
Read more about the work we do and the impact your support can make on thousands of lives.