Commemorating the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death
April 2016 marked 400 years since the death of one of the UK's most influential literary figures, William Shakespeare.
To celebrate the Bard's enduring legacy, we have created a cross-curricular resource for Key Stage 3 students, supported by PwC.
This resource focuses on Macbeth and The Tempest and provides teachers across the curriculum with practical ideas and lesson plans for teaching the plays in their subject area.
The full resource includes:
- an introduction to the resource
- an overview of the lesson plans
- the literacy outcomes of the resource mapped against the curricula of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland,
- a total of ten detailed lesson plans across five subject areas along with the associated extracts from the plays
- synopses of Macbeth and The Tempest
Many thanks to Sophie Holdforth for her help in creating this resource.
Great Poetry Through Time: Chaucer to 21st Century Poets
National Literacy Trust Network members can also download this comprehensive five-week unit of work for Key Stage 3 students. The resource uses drama and performance to increase comprehension and to help unlock the multiple meanings of poetry and includes a study of Shakespearean sonnets.
Network members can download the full resource.
Not a Network member yet? Download sample lessons 1-3.
Join the Network to access a wealth of literacy resources, support and inspiration.