Working with the National Literacy Trust
School-based members of the National Literacy Trust Network can apply to use the “Working with the National Literacy Trust” logo on their website, signage and letterheads.
We are inviting our members to share their experiences of language and literacy provision in school and tell us how the National Literacy Trust’s services, resources or projects have helped them to enhance this provision. We would like to find out what works and feature case studies that show how real impact has been achieved. These stories will then be shared with the rest of our community through this web page.
What do I have to do?
In order to use the “Working with the National Literacy Trust” logo you need to produce two reflective case studies over a 12-month period that showcase a literacy-related activity, project, event or strategy undertaken at your school and the impact it has had.
The case studies must indicate how the National Literacy Trust has supported you to successfully deliver the activity/project/event/strategy. For example, did our Network webinar on the power of blogging inspire you to set up a class blog of your own? Have you used our Annual Literacy Review tool to develop new whole-school strategies?
You can download a written case study template, but we’d love to receive case studies in other formats – videos, slideshows with captions, podcasts – the more creative the better! Supporting evidence such as photos, quotes from staff and/or pupils and examples of the resources used is strongly encouraged to help bring your case study to life.
Whatever format you choose, please ensure you cover these questions:
- Why did you decide to undertake this particular project/activity/event/strategy?
- What were you hoping to achieve?
- Which pupils did you target and why?
- Describe the activity: Who did it involve? What did you do? When did it take place? How did you use the network to support the activity?
- Evaluation of the activity: How did you measure the success of this activity? What impact did it have? What barriers did you face and how did you overcome them?
What will happen to my case studies once I've submitted them?
All case studies we receive are published on our website.
To make your initial application for the “Working with the National Literacy Trust” logo 2015-16, simply complete and submit our short application form, either online or via email:
- Online: Complete the online form, click submit and you’re all done! Apply online now
- By email: Complete the downloadable form and email to email@example.com. Apply now
We’ll get in touch within a week to confirm whether your application has been successful. You will have access to the logo for 12 months from the date your application is accepted.
If you would like more information about this part of the Network offer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This benefit is only available to school-based Network members.
Find out what your fellow network members are doing to support literacy in their school.
Like what you see but not yet a member? Join our Network today.