Literacy Guide for Schools 2016/17
In line with policy, informed by research, inspired by good practice
What is it?
- interprets literacy policy changes and research.
- advises on how this translates into the classroom and wider school
- signposts to relevant content on our Network (and beyond) to support your planning and turn research into effective practice.
Both are designed to be used alongside the Annual Literacy Review.
What areas are covered?
1. Early reading and phonics
2. Reading for enjoyment
3. Reading comprehension
4. Writing culture
5. Writing curriculum
6. Embedding the writing process
7. Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
8. Writing transcription - spelling and handwriting
9. Spoken language
10. Leadership and accountability
Not a Network member yet? Download the primary taster section.
1. Leading literacy across the school
2. Reading for enjoyment and wider reading
3. Developing teachers' reading approaches and pedagogy
4. Supporting reading through interventions such as phonics
5. Writing engagement and enjoyment
6. Developing teachers' writing knowledge and pedagogy
7. Supporting writing through embedding spelling, grammar and punctuation
8. Developing spoken language skills
Not a Network member yet? Download the secondary taster section.
Related News Stories
Become a member to access our full range of tools, resources and inspiration.