About our network
I have found the website and resources incredibly useful, both at a practical and research level. They have helped me establish literacy across the curriculum in my school.
Anne-Marie Anderson, Senior Manager, The Angmering School, West Sussex
The National Literacy Trust Network brings together school and other education professionals from across the UK to help them share their knowledge and experience in improving children's literacy skills. We provide practical support for the classroom and library, exciting CPD opportunities and a forum to learn from other professionals in the network.
Who is the network for?
Any professional working in or with schools to improve pupils' literacy would benefit from membership to our network.
How can the network help me?
Watch our short introductory video or read on below to find out more about the benefits of membership.
- Exclusive new resources every month, full of tips and practical tools
- Regular competitions with supporting member-only resources
- Online child-profiling tool, with tailored advice for getting pupils reading
- Information updates about national research, as it is published.
Develop whole-school policies using our literacy self-evaluation tools
- Online evaluation tools, resulting in a tailored report full of advice for moving forward.
Learn from other teachers and senior leaders
- Webinars about specific literacy issues, presented by guest speakers and National Literacy Trust experts
- Network meetings with opportunities to meet fellow members and hear about examples of excellent practice
- Blogs from network members and guest contributors.
Save money at a time when every penny counts
- 10% discount on all National Literacy Trust conferences
- Up to 30% discount with Browns Books for Students, First News, Micro Librarian Systems, Springboard Stories and Teach Primary/Teach Secondary
Keep informed about national news and policy developments
- Fortnightly updates from the network team, with input from literacy experts in both the primary and secondary sector.
Gain recognition for your achievements
- Receive the exclusive "working with the National Literacy Trust" logo by submitting case studies of best practice.
How much does membership cost?
Schools: £100 for an annual subscription (allows up to five members of staff to
receive log-in details)
Individuals: £90 annual subscription
Organisations: £150 annual subscription (allows up to five members of staff to receive log-in details)
Find answers to frequently asked questions
Like what you see but not yet a member? Join our network today.
If you know your school is a member of the network but you haven’t yet signed up under their membership, it’s very easy to do...
Want to promote your services to schools? Get yourself listed as a provider, create and edit your online profile and put your name on our interactive map.
Get to know the team behind the National Literacy Trust Network.