Everton Premier League Reading Star recognised by HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
17 May 2012
Everton footballer Tim Cahill was presented with a certificate signed by our patron Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall for his involvement with our Premier League Reading Stars programme.
Pupils from Norman Pannell Primary School in Netherley visited the Club’s training facility to present the Everton Reading Star with the certificate. All the children had benefited from the programme and had been visited by Cahill earlier this year.
It was fantastic to see the kids again and I am delighted to hear how much they have enjoyed reading since starting the programme. I am honoured to receive this certificate from the Duchess of Cornwall and be able to help promote literacy.
Our Premier League’s Reading Stars initiative uses the power of football to encourage young people to read.
Read more about Premier League Reading Stars.
- 10 reasons why play is important
- Premier League Reading Stars gives extra literacy boost to disadvantaged pupils
- Iconic books hit the streets of London…Books about Town is here for the summer
- Early years educators online focus group – register to take part
- Children’s enjoyment of reading has increased for the first time in eight years
- Five things adults can do to get kids reading for pleasure during the World Cup in Blogs by Tom Palmer
- Premier League Reading Stars impact report 2012 in Research reports
- How to use the new football season to get your kids reading for pleasure in Blogs by Jim Sells
- Literacy in unexpected places in Blogs by Jonathan Douglas