New guide to EYFS progress check at age two
4 May 2012
The National Children’s Bureau has developed a ‘Know-How Guide’ to the Early Years Foundation Stage progress check at age two. The progress check is part of the revised EYFS framework based on recommendations from Dame Clare Tickell's review. A key part of the guide is a focus on the voice of the child, something we feel is very important for practice across the foundation years.
- 10 reasons why play is important
- National Literacy Trust research shows one boy in three never or rarely picks up a pen outside class
- Technology engages boys and poorer children to read for longer
- Government to ban use of phrase “Every Child Matters”
- Reading for pleasure during childhood creates long-term vocabulary benefits, new study shows