Come to our Hay Festival seminar with Frank Cottrell Boyce
11 Apr 2012
We will be delivering a free 45 minute breakfast seminar with author Frank Cottrell Boyce at Hay Festival on 7 June. The session will offer a unique insight into the effective teaching of writing to children in Key Stage 1 and 2.
The challenges of composition make writing arguably the most difficult of literacy skills to teach and learn. This fast-paced and interactive breakfast seminar will introduce the ‘Talk for Writing’ approach which has been proven to significantly accelerate pupil progress. You will learn how to cultivate a love of words and language; develop oral storytelling skills; and help pupils internalise language patterns to become more confident writers.
Frank Cottrell Boyce, award-winning children’s author of Millions and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again will give a reading and take part in a Q&A session on children’s writing.
To book your place, please click here.
- Process Evaluation of HELLO: A tool to improve communication, language and literacy practice in early years settings in Research reports
- Emergent Literacy Practices in Early Years Settings in 2015: Third annual survey of practitioners in Research reports
- How digital technology can support early language and literacy outcomes in early years settings: A review of the literature in Research reports
- The Use of Technology to Support Literacy in the Early Years in 2015 in Research reports
- 2016/17 Premier League Reading Stars season goes out with a bang! in Blog by Danielle Wright