Come to our Hay Festival seminar with Frank Cottrell Boyce
11 Apr 2012
We will be delivering a free 45 minute breakfast seminar with author Frank Cottrell Boyce at Hay Festival on 7 June. The session will offer a unique insight into the effective teaching of writing to children in Key Stage 1 and 2.
The challenges of composition make writing arguably the most difficult of literacy skills to teach and learn. This fast-paced and interactive breakfast seminar will introduce the ‘Talk for Writing’ approach which has been proven to significantly accelerate pupil progress. You will learn how to cultivate a love of words and language; develop oral storytelling skills; and help pupils internalise language patterns to become more confident writers.
Frank Cottrell Boyce, award-winning children’s author of Millions and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again will give a reading and take part in a Q&A session on children’s writing.
To book your place, please click here.
- The power of the right book in Blogs by Danielle Wright
- He looked at the book. Then his face changed. in Blogs by Danielle Wright
- Premier League Reading Stars: the best signing you’ll make this summer in Blogs by Danielle Wright
- Hip hip hooray, it’s World Book Day! in Blogs by Danielle Wright
- Five things adults can do to get kids reading for pleasure during the World Cup in Blogs by Tom Palmer