Support us by bidding in the Big Give Charity Auction.
29 Nov 2011
The National Literacy Trust is delighted to be taking part in the Big Give Charity Auction this week. You have the opportunity to bid on 50 lots including an original painting by illustrator Michael Foreman (pictured), which is being sold in aid of the National Literacy Trust. Why not treat a child you know to an exclusive gift this Christmas and buy this beautiful painting for their bedroom or playroom? The auction is open until 8pm on Sunday 4 December, so get bidding! Click here to see other auction lots and bid.
- 10 reasons why play is important
- Technology engages boys and poorer children to read for longer
- National Literacy Trust research shows one boy in three never or rarely picks up a pen outside class
- Government to ban use of phrase “Every Child Matters”
- Reading for pleasure during childhood creates long-term vocabulary benefits, new study shows
- Literacy in unexpected places in Blogs by Jonathan Douglas
- New year musings on the new National Curriculum in Blogs by Abigail Moss
- Why you should give the Gift of Reading this Christmas in Blogs by Lizzie Poulton
- Could do better: latest overview of adult literacy in the UK in Blogs by Jonathan Douglas
- New political group to focus on literacy in Blogs by Jonathan Douglas