Little Chef and Reading for Life launch a Roald Dahl Reading Adventure
14 Jan 2011
Roadside restaurant chain Little Chef is teaming up with social marketing campaign Reading for Life and Puffin Books to engage children in a reading ‘adventure’ with games and activities based on Roald Dahl’s classic books.
The initiative launched in 157 Little Chef restaurants across the UK on 13 January 2011 and marks the beginning of an exciting new partnership between Little Chef and Reading for Life, in conjunction with leading children’s book publisher, Puffin. The organisations share the goal of wanting children to have fun and enjoy themselves, while learning and developing essential skills at the same time.
The Little Chef kids’ menus will be completely transformed into a Reading for Life Reading Adventure featuring popular characters from The BFG, James and the Giant Peach and The Twits. There will be Roald Dahl games as well as the opportunity to win great Roald Dahl prizes.
Reading for Life aims to promote the benefits of reading and the enjoyment and pleasure that reading can bring to everyone’s lives and is delivered by charity the National Literacy Trust. Reading for Life Manager Jack Sallabank sees the Little Chef relationship as an ideal way for Reading for Life to reach a key audience.
You can read the full media release here.
- 10 reasons why play is important
- Early years educators online focus group – register to take part
- Children’s enjoyment of reading has increased for the first time in eight years
- Iconic books hit the streets of London…Books about Town is here for the summer
- National Literacy Trust joins The Mirror in remembering World War One heroes