Get creative on Everybody Writes Day
17 Sep 2010
This year’s annual celebration of writing in schools, brought to you by Booktrust, in partnership with the National Literacy Trust, will take place on Thursday 21 October. It is the perfect opportunity for schools to suspend their timetable for a day and ‘take writing beyond the classroom’. In previous years schools have run all sorts of activities, from exploring the work of grafitti artist Banksy, to holding a Writing Olympics. Why not get involved and run some activities of your own? For inspiration, visit www.everybodywrites.org.uk/everybody-writes-day/.
- Charity coalition secures cross party commitment to tackle the UK’s literacy crisis
- 10 reasons why play is important
- Improve literacy and school readiness, says new report
- Government to ban use of phrase “Every Child Matters”
- Snoozing in the morning raises money for the National Literacy Trust with the launch of new charity app