Get creative on Everybody Writes Day
17 Sep 2010
This year’s annual celebration of writing in schools, brought to you by Booktrust, in partnership with the National Literacy Trust, will take place on Thursday 21 October. It is the perfect opportunity for schools to suspend their timetable for a day and ‘take writing beyond the classroom’. In previous years schools have run all sorts of activities, from exploring the work of grafitti artist Banksy, to holding a Writing Olympics. Why not get involved and run some activities of your own? For inspiration, visit www.everybodywrites.org.uk/everybody-writes-day/.
- 10 reasons why play is important
- National Literacy Trust research shows one boy in three never or rarely picks up a pen outside class
- Government to ban use of phrase “Every Child Matters”
- Technology engages boys and poorer children to read for longer
- Reading for pleasure during childhood creates long-term vocabulary benefits, new study shows