Get creative on Everybody Writes Day
17 Sep 2010
This year’s annual celebration of writing in schools, brought to you by Booktrust, in partnership with the National Literacy Trust, will take place on Thursday 21 October. It is the perfect opportunity for schools to suspend their timetable for a day and ‘take writing beyond the classroom’. In previous years schools have run all sorts of activities, from exploring the work of grafitti artist Banksy, to holding a Writing Olympics. Why not get involved and run some activities of your own? For inspiration, visit www.everybodywrites.org.uk/everybody-writes-day/.
- 10 reasons why play is important
- Early years educators online focus group – register to take part
- Children’s enjoyment of reading has increased for the first time in eight years
- Iconic books hit the streets of London…Books about Town is here for the summer
- National Literacy Trust joins The Mirror in remembering World War One heroes