Events - November 2013
Start time: 09:30
End time: 15:45
Cost: £230.00, Additional tickets: £210.00
The Galleon Suite at The Royal National Hotel, (North Building Entrance)
Online registration has closed.
Talk To Your Baby conference 2013. Giving babies the best start: What we know works and what’s new
Our annual conference is renowned for its in-depth and engaging reviews of policy, research and practice. Delegates from across the early years, healthcare, education, cultural and third sectors come back year after year to learn, share best practice and be inspired.
We are delighted to announce a great line-up of expert speakers that will give early years professionals the guidance and support they need to deliver outstanding provision.
Confirmed speakers and programme
9.30am – 10am – Registration
- Dr Cathy Hamer, Foundation Years Advisor, Talk To Your Baby, National Literacy Trust - welcome
- Carey Oppenheim, CEO Early Intervention Foundation – Putting early intervention into practice
- Professor Annette Karmiloff-Smith, Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development, University of London – Born into a digital world: From foetus to 24 months
- Helen Hambly, Bristol Speech and Language Therapy Research Unit - Child talk: What works research programme
11.40am – 11.55am – Refreshment break
- Nabiah Sohail, Speech and language lab, NHS Hackney, UCL – Working with bilingual children and families
- Penny Kenway, Head of Early Years Islington – Integrated two year check
- Fiona Carter, Early Years Foundation Services lead, Reading – Talk to your baby quality award in Reading
1pm – 2pm – Lunch
- Jennifer McDonald and Tiffany Newbald, Senior Speech and Language Therapists, States of Jersey – An island wide approach to speech, language and communication in the early years
- Speaker tbc - Five to Thrive, everyday building blocks to help a child’s growing brain
- Sue Walters, Seven Stories, the National Centre for Children’s Books
- Julie Revels, National Literacy Trust Associate – Inspired by Babies
15.45pm – closing remarks
Who should attend?
Heads of Children’s Services, Early years and childcare services, Sure Start children’s centres, EYFS consultants, Children’s Centre teachers and EYP’s, parenting/family support teams. Troubled families and early intervention teams.
Health professionals including speech and language therapists, midwives, health visitors, community nursery nurses. Health visitor early implementer sites.
Nursery schools, childcare providers including nurseries, childminders,
Voluntary and community organisations
Academics and researchers
The cost for this event is £230 for 1 delegate and £210 for any additional delegates from the same organisation.
We also offer a 10% discount for our network members.
Registration with refreshments is from 09:30 with the conference commencing at 10:00 and finishing at 15:55.