Talk for Writing (narrative or non-fiction)
Delivered by expert consultants selected by Pie Corbett
As I walk through school I can hear the classes chanting text maps left, right and centre. The content was perfectly pitched and has really been taken on board by the staff….Just thought I'd let you know!”
Transform pupils’ writing with the interactive approach developed by former headteacher and literacy expert Pie Corbett . This action-packed day will boost writing standards and confidence among pupils and staff alike.
The Talk for Writing approach, originally developed by former headteacher and literacy expert Pie Corbett, has been proven to accelerate significantly pupil progress. Our
trainers can show you how to adopt the approach in your primary school with a wealth of practical ideas, techniques and games that will benefit teachers and pupils alike.
Who is the training for?
All infant, junior and primary schools and clusters working on increasing pupils' motivation to write and improving writing attainment.
- Practical ways to nurture a love of language through poetry, games and books
- How to explore the power of storytelling
- How to develop children’s critical thinking skills and learn to support skills in generating and selecting ideas for writing
- Effective ways to help pupils structure both their story-writing and non-fiction
- How to make the link from reading into writing and the importance of shared writing
- How to embed the strategies within your curriculum.
Which pupils can benefit from Talk for Writing?
Talk for Writing can enhance the learning and writing development of all children including those who have been identified as having special educational needs, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, children for whom English is an additional language and children who are particularly gifted and talented.
The training can be tailored to your needs to help form part of your School Development Plan and can be supported by in-school consultancy to help embed the strategies within the curriculum.
Make an enquiry by emailing us with details of the training you require and potential dates. One of our trainers will be in touch within 10 days. Please note that very popular dates at the beginning and end of term fill up very quickly.