Literacy awareness training
Our literacy awareness training, delivered by Andy Parkinson, will help your staff understand and support the needs of people with literacy difficulties, improving your service and removing barriers to effective delivery.
The half-day training covers:
- What good literacy entails and how to spot people with difficulties
- Practical ideas to provide support
- National and local literacy trends
- Links with national and local policy, including efforts to tackle child poverty and inter-generational cycles of unemployment and low aspirations
Feedback from participants
- 100% of participants feel more confident in spotting issues of low literacy
- 89% feel more confident in addressing low literacy - for example, by offering information about support available
- 100% said they would be able to use what they have learnt in their day-to-day work
It was very helpful and well presented. I will be passing much of what I learnt on.
The most useful part of the day was learning about what signs to look for in people with low literacy.
If you are interesting in running training for staff in your area email email@example.com.